Lack of knowledge about the claim process can make things quite difficult for the car accident victim. Here are some tips on handling insurance claims.
Car accidents can cause immense physical and mental pain to a victim.
Car accident victims may also have to bear many expenses for the medical treatment and repair or replacement of the vehicle and other property damaged in the car accident. The insurance claim can, however, help pay for expenses resulting from a car accident.
A car accident may leave a victim totally confused and overwhelmed, and the impending medical and repair bills often make things worse. As if this was not enough, the insurance company may try to minimize the claims. Lack of knowledge about the claim process can make things quite difficult for the car accident victim. Here are some tips on handling insurance claims.
Insurance Claim Dos
- Contact your insurance company as soon as you get injured in a car accident. After getting immediate medical care for the injuries, you should notify your insurer about the car accident injuries.
- Maintain a record of all your conversations with the insurance company. Takedown names and contact information of all insurance company representatives you speak with.
- Make sure you have all information related to your insurance coverage before you speak to the insurance company.
- Gather all evidence from the scene of the accident. Get contact details of eyewitnesses and take as many photographs of the scene and the vehicle as you can.
- Maintain records of all expenses resulting from the car accident, including the medical bills, repair bills, car rentals, receipts, etc.
- Consult with an experienced St. Louis car accident attorney to ensure that all your rights as a car accident victim are protected, including your right to compensation.
Insurance Claim Donts
- Do not jump at the first offer made by the insurance company. The insurance company will likely try to settle your claim for a smaller amount than it is worth. Sign any settlement only after you have consulted with an experienced car accident lawyer.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company immediately after the accident. Speak to an attorney before you do that.
- Do not delay filing the claim, as many insurance companies have set tight deadlines for the claim filling.
- Avoid signing a release before speaking with your injury attorney.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone close to you has become a car accident victim and needs help dealing with the insurance company, get in touch with an experienced car accident attorney at The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We have experience dealing with insurance companies and can help you at every stage of the claim process while working to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!Free Consultation (314) 361-4242