St. Louis Car Accident Attorney & Auto Accident Lawyer
24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 : Our car accident lawyers fight to get compensation for accident injury victims.
At The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C., our very successful St. Louis car accident lawyers have earned their credentials through successful negotiations and vigorous courtroom trial representation. With more than 20 years of experience and thousands of successful cases to his credit, accident lawyer Christopher Hoffmann focuses his practice exclusively on handling injury claims arising out of car accidents in St. Louis, Missouri.
When you hire our firm, you can be confident that everything will be done to protect your rights and recover the compensation you need.
Call our 24-hour call center day or night, even on the weekends, at (314) 361-4242 or toll-free (866) 763-6433.
Why Hire the Hoffmann Law Firm?
Our sole focus is on helping the victims of motor vehicle accidents receive full and fair compensation, even in injury accident cases involving uninsured or under-insured drivers. To increase chances for a positive outcome, our firm prepares every case as if it will go to trial: investigating the car accident, interviewing witnesses and gathering evidence to prove the other driver was at fault. We are fully prepared to handle the most complicated cases. At The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C., we never rush to settle your case for less than its full value. We do not hesitate to take matters to court when insurers don’t treat you fairly.
What Types of Compensation May I Receive?
- Cost of medical treatment including hospitalization, prescription drugs, doctor visits, ambulance fees, and physical therapy
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Repair or replacement of the vehicle
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral costs in case of wrongful death
- Rental car fees
- Punitive damages
How Do I Receive Full Compensation?
It usually is not easy to figure out the right amount of compensation that a victim deserves. Only an experienced St. Louis Car Accident Attorney can consider all factors and help get the maximum possible compensation for the losses suffered in the car accident. A victim must consult a Missouri car accident lawyer soon after the accident. Delay or failure to do so can jeopardize the chances of getting the compensation that the victim deserves.
To receive full compensation for injuries sustained in a car accident, the victim should never give a recorded statement or sign a settlement without consulting an experienced attorney. It is essential to determine the actual value of the case before an agreement is approved, and only a competent attorney will be able to do so.
What Other Steps Should I Take After an Auto Accident?
- Get immediate medical treatment for the injuries sustained in the car accident.
- Report the accident to the police and fully cooperate with the authorities.
- Do not discuss the fault with other parties, including the driver and the insurance company.
- Maintain records of all medical bills and other expenses related to the car accident.
Documenting Property Damage Claims
If you have a property damage claim, you need the following 3 things for your car accident lawyer to do the claim:
- Estimate – Written estimate from a dealership or collision center (insurance estimates are not admissible in court)
- Fair Market Value – Printout of the Kelly Blue Book Value and NADA Value – Do this today! Print this immediately. If you wait 6 months, the car will be worth 6 months less in value.
- Photos – Get photos of the damage, the rest of the outside of the car, and the interior. Clean out the inside of the car before taking photos. Remove floor mats if they look bad. When photographing the damage, make sure to get tough to photograph areas, including damage extending into the engine, trunk, frame rails, and suspension. Here are some examples:
- Rear-End Accidents: On rear-end collisions, take photos from behind the vehicle looking at the damage. Make sure to take pictures from angles looking across the bumper, not just looking at it, to show how far it is smashed in. Open the trunk and pull back the rug to photograph any crumping of the trunk floor and smashing in of the spare tire. If the car is sitting low or dipping to one side, take photos of this as well as the broken suspension.
- Front End Impact: With front end collision damage, take photos looking at the front bumper as well as looking across the bumper to show the depth of damage. Open the hood and photograph any damage extending into the engine compartment, including the radiator, air-conditioning, or engine. If the car is sitting low or dipping to one side, take photos of the broken suspension.
- Side Impact Crash: On a side-impact collision, make sure to take photos looking down the side of the car. Open the doors and take pictures of the door frame or footwell damage.
WARNING: Do not sign a “Release of Claims” for property damage. Have any release reviewed by your lawyer. Most releases include language that release “any and all claims whatsoever,” hence you would mistakenly be releasing your injury claim and any other claim as well as property.
Documenting Your Injuries in Medical Records
Documenting your injury in your medical records is a must! When going to the ER, Primary Care Doctor, MRI, Specialists, Physical Therapy or any other provider, make sure to write the following on the medical records whether there is a spot for it or not:
- State that you were in a Motor Vehicle Accident and write the Date it occurred
- Write the Cause of Accident – for example: rear-ended at a stop sign; car ran a red light and hit me; car ran a stop sign; car pulled across traffic; the car came into oncoming traffic; etc.
- List all body parts injured as well as any pain radiating from one body part to another.
- Mark all body parts on the pain diagram and draw arrows or lines regarding radiating pain – for example, neck pain radiating into the shoulder and down arms, or low back pain radiating into buttocks and down legs.
REMEMBER: If records are completed electronically, ask the provider to see the documents to make sure everything is listed correctly.
What Other Parties May Be Held Liable in an Accident?
- Bar or restaurant in cases of car accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Trucking companies that have flouted regulations
- Mechanics who failed to repair a vehicle properly
- Government authorities who failed to maintain proper roadway conditions
- Manufacturers for creating defective vehicles or parts
Speak With a St. Louis Injury Attorney
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before you speak with a lawyer. We can help you avoid making statements that may be taken out of context and later used against you by the insurance company. If you were injured or lost a family member in a car or truck accident call our 24-hour attorney call center at (314) 361-4242 or toll-free (866) 763-6433 for a Free Consultation.
Our firm handles all cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay no attorney fees unless we recover money for you.
The Hoffmann Law Firm
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Talk to a Lawyer for Free 24/7 at (314) 361-4242!
Submit your review
I was injured in a car accident in St. Louis recently. Mr Hoffmann was my personal injury attorney and he did a fantastic job. He was very professional and industrious. I would recommend him to anyone who has had an auto accident and is looking for an injury lawyer in the St. Louis area.
-- via Google
I am familiar with the Hoffman Law Firm through frequent online interactions in a lawyers community. I have found them to be dedicated professionals who will aggressively fight for their clients. They are experienced and skilled attorneys with an impressive record of success. They have extensive knowledge in all types of personal injury cases, especially in auto and truck accidents. I highly recommend them for anyone in need of a personal injury law firm in St. Louis.
-- via Google
You should retain this attorney for any automobile accident injury claim in Saint Louis. This is a very good and smart lawyer! Watch this lawyer in action and you will not be disappointed.
-- via Google