Red Flags When Hiring a Lawyer
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you need a well qualified legal team that is capable of protecting your rights and interests.
If you or a family member have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need a personal injury lawyer that is capable of protecting your rights and that has your best interests at heart. Unfortunately, not all lawyers are equally competent, skilled, or ethical.
When hiring a car accident lawyer, watch for red flags, or warning signs, that may indicate he or she is not capable of handling your case.
Recognizing the Red Flags?
Your case is extremely important and your attorney should view it as such. When you pick a lawyer, you need one that you can trust and know is competent. Some of the red flags to watch out for include:
- Fails to keep appointments
- Doesn’t return your phone calls
- Doesn’t answer emails
- Has a poor attitude
- Misses deadlines
- Promises a successful outcome or court victory
- Refuses to provide references
- Has unhappy staff members
- Has hidden expenses or vague billing
- Isn’t up-to-date with the current laws
If you notice one or more of these red flags, you need to find another attorney.
No matter how likely a successful outcome may be, an attorney should never promise a specific outcome. If they do, this may just be an attempt to get your business. In addition, it is imperative that your lawyer have a strong work ethic and keep up-to-date with the ever-changing laws.
What to Expect from Your Lawyer
If you or a loved have been injured in a car accident, you need to be confident that your attorney will do all he can to win your case. Therefore, before hiring a lawyer you should find out as much as possible. Here are some things to look for:
- Communication – You should expect your attorney to give you a general overview of your case whenever you may need it. You should also expect your lawyer to call you back, return your emails and phone calls in a timely manner. If there is something that causes a delay, they should courteously explain why they weren’t able to get back with you. If your lawyer is working on other cases, they may be temporarily tied up in court on some days. However, your lawyer should not fail to communicate effectively with you. If they refuse to give you updates or return your calls and emails, you have a valid reason to discuss the problem of communication with your attorney.
- Competence – You should expect your lawyer to be intelligent, know the law, research and stay up-to-date with the law, pay attention to detail, and be diligent. Therefore, a competent lawyer is one that has the ability, knowledge, and skill to handle the law, and your case, successfully.
- Ethics – Does your lawyer keep confidentiality, have a strong work ethic and is he trustworthy? Is he respected by his peers and highly reviewed by his clients?
All of these traits are essential because you and your case are important. You need to be confident that your lawyer upholds the law and has your best interests at heart.
Why Hire The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C.?
The short answer is because motor vehicle accidents are all we do. We offer experience and confidence built on success, and back that with the latest client services and case management technology, a commitment to personal service and dedication to every client.
By focusing our practice on car accident claims, we are in a better position to provide you with important information — especially information regarding the value of your claim and the strengths and limitations of your case.
Our attorney, Chris Hoffmann, has over 20 years of experience handling accident claims. Over the course of a decade, Mr. Hoffmann has compiled an excellent track record of success in settlements and at trial, recovering millions of dollars for hundreds of clients.
Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm Today
No matter what type of auto accident you were injured in, we can help you to recover the maximum compensation for the damages you have incurred. We have litigated and negotiated numerous successful cases in the past and possess the skills required to protect your interests as well.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Injury Attorney
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free, and you don’t pay unless we get you money!