Despite their efficacy, there is still some uncertainty around the coverage of these holistic treatments under car accident claims.
The growing popularity of holistic treatments has sparked a rise in interest among those looking for alternative approaches to addressing health concerns. These non-traditional therapies often utilize natural, plant-based remedies to address aches, pains, and other injury symptoms. Many of these holistic therapies are effective for treating certain conditions, and some have even been more effective than conventional drugs or other traditional medical treatments.
However, despite their efficacy, there is still some uncertainty around covering these holistic treatments under car accident claims. This brings us to today’s question – are holistic treatments covered in car accident claim settlements?
What Is Holistic Medicine?
At its core, holistic medicine is a type of healing that looks at the whole person – body, mind, spirit, and emotions – to achieve optimal health and wellness. Instead of just treating the symptoms of an illness or disease, holistic medicine aims to find the root cause and correct it. This approach often includes natural and alternative therapies such as:
- Cupping: Cupping is an ancient Chinese therapy that involves placing cups on the skin to create suction. This helps to improve blood flow and promote relaxation. Cupping is often used to relieve pain but can also be used for other purposes like detoxification and overall stress relief.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is another popular Chinese therapy that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. This treatment is said to help with everything from pain relief to insomnia and anxiety.
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractors focus on diagnosing and treating issues with the musculoskeletal system, particularly the spine. Chiropractic adjustments (AKA manipulations of the spine) are often used to relieve pain, improve range of motion, and decrease inflammation.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is a type of hands-on healing that manipulates the body’s soft tissue to relieve pain, decrease stress levels, and promote relaxation. There are many types of massages; Swedish massage is one of the most common.
- Body Movement Therapies: Body movement therapies such as yoga or tai chi can help improve balance, flexibility, and strength while promoting relaxation. These therapies can also benefit those suffering from chronic pain or other conditions.
- Diet Therapy: This refers to using specific diets or dietary interventions to manage or treat certain medical conditions. It involves modifying a person’s diet to provide the necessary nutrients and energy while reducing or eliminating foods that may worsen their condition or interfere with their treatment.
Are Holistic Treatments Covered in Car Accident Claims?
Not all holistic treatments are covered by standard auto accident compensation payouts. However, suppose your doctor recommends you visit a chiropractor or physical therapist, and they determine that specific holistic treatment could benefit your recovery and mobility. In this case, these treatments will likely be covered by your car insurance provider or the at-fault party’s insurance company.
The Hoffmann Law Firm Is Here to Help
Do you need help filing your car injury claim? The Hoffmann Law Firm is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.