Car Injury Attorney
Talk to a Lawyer for Free 24/7 (314) 361-4242 : Our Car Injury Lawyers have over 20 years experience fighting to get compensation for accident injury victims in St. Louis, MO.
In a matter of seconds a car accident can change your life. Nothing really prepares you for being t-boned by a distracted driver, or hit head on by a reckless motorist. Serious car accident injuries have the potential to take over your life, both physically and financially. At The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C., we understand this. As one of the preeminent injury firms helping victims of car accidents, we understand how to build strong cases. When you hire our firm, you can be confident that everything will be done to protect your rights and recover the compensation you need.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
It is estimated that 6 million Americans are involved in car accidents every year. Of these, 3 million are injured and 2 million experience permanent injuries. In addition, approximately 90 people die each day due to car accident injuries.
When a person suffers injuries as a result of a car accident, they may need a significant amount of time to heal. Surgery and therapy are often necessary.
When the accident is serious, the injuries are generally serious as well. They can affect any part of the body, causing a wide range of disabilities and pain. Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Brain and head injury – a brain injury occurs when the brain is injured by an outside force. The injury can range from a concussion, to a skull fracture, or a traumatic brain injury. The symptoms may be immediate or delayed and may include confusion, blurred vision, and difficulty concentrating. Depending on the severity of the injury treatment may include medication, therapy and/or surgery. A head injury is dangerous and requires medical attention.
- Neck injury – neck injuries are one of the most common types of injury associated with car accidents. A neck injury could be a sprain or strain, a herniated disc, or whiplash. There are many different types and the they can range from mild to severe that could lead to neck fusion.
- Spinal cord injury – a spinal cord injury often results in permanent problems. They cannot be cured and typically require treatment that can last for years or be lifelong.
- Back injury – back injuries from a car accident are the result of damage or trauma to the muscles, bones, or other soft tissues in the back. A back injury can lead to chronic pain and surgery is often required.
- Internal injuries – common internal injuries include broken ribs, internal bleeding, organ injury, pneumothorax, ruptured spleen and organ bruising. Treatment depends on the severity and place that the injury occurred. Internal injuries are very often life-threatening and can be fatal.
- Arm or shoulder injury – arm and shoulder pain after an accident could be the result of a neck injury. There are many important nerves that run through this area of the body and they can become damaged causing pain, numbness and other symptoms. Broken bones, bruising and strains and sprains are common injuries to the shoulders and arms. Severe injuries may require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Leg injury – a person can suffer a broken leg, broken ankle, broken foot, ACL injury, torn meniscus and other knee injuries as the result of a car accident. Injuries to the leg can leave a victim with poor mobility for a lifetime. Any of these injuries can require surgery and rehabilitation.
Being injured in a car accident may result in medical bills, lost wages, lost earning potential, and long-term medical treatment. Depending on the type of injury, and severity, will determine what sort of compensation you need.
It is important to contact a St. Louis Car Injury Attorney as soon as possible following a car accident. The longer you wait, the more difficult it can be to gather evidence. In addition, the law limits the time allowed in which you may file a lawsuit.
Contact a St. Louis Car Injury Attorney
St. Louis car injury attorney Christopher Hoffmann, has more than 20 years of experience in personal injury law, and has a strong record of success fighting insurance companies. He knows the things insurance companies don’t want you to know, and he uses that knowledge to level the playing field between powerful insurers and injured clients.
St. Louis Car Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love have been involved in a car accident, you no doubt have questions and concerns. Talk to a lawyer for Free 24/7 at (314) 361-4242. You will speak with an experienced car injury attorney, and you will not pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.