Auto Injury Lawyer & Auto Injury Lawyers
Talk to a lawyer for Free 24/7 (314) 361-4242 : With 25 years of experience and thousands of successful cases we can help you!
Each year thousands of St. Louis drivers are involved in auto accidents. Many are able to walk away with only minor injures, but others are not so lucky.
No matter how safe and defensive of a driver you may be, you are not able to control the actions of the other drivers with whom you share the road. When a negligent or reckless driver is the cause of your auto injury, it is important that you contact a St. Louis auto injury lawyer immediately.
Types of St. Louis Auto Injuries
An estimated 6 million Americans are involved in auto accidents every year. Of these, 3 million are injured and 2 million experience permanent, life-changing injuries. In addition, 90 people are involved in fatal auto accidents every day due to the auto injuries they suffer.
Typically, when an auto accident is serious, the injuries are as well. They can affect any part of the body, causing a wide range of pain and disabilities. Some of the most common types of auto accident injuries include:
- Neck injury – neck injuries are one of the most common types of injury associated with car accidents. A neck injury could be a sprain or strain, a herniated disc, or whiplash. There are many different types and they can range from mild to severe.
- Brain and head injury – a brain injury occurs when the brain is injured by an outside force. The injury can range from a concussion to a skull fracture, or a traumatic brain injury. The symptoms may be immediate or delayed and may include confusion, blurred vision, and difficulty concentrating. Depending on the severity of the injury treatment may include medication, therapy and/or surgery. A head injury is dangerous and requires medical attention.
- Spinal cord injury – a spinal cord injury often results in permanent problems. They cannot be cured and typically require treatment that can last for years or be lifelong.
- Back injury – back injuries from a car accident are the result of damage or trauma to the muscles, bones, or other soft tissues in the back. A back injury can lead to chronic pain and surgery is often required.
- Arm or shoulder injury – arm and shoulder pain after an accident could be the result of a neck injury. There are many important nerves that run through this area of the body and they can become damaged causing pain, numbness and other symptoms. Broken bones, bruising and strains and sprains are common injuries to the shoulders and arms. Severe injuries may require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Leg injury – a person can suffer a broken leg, broken ankle, broken foot, ACL injury, torn meniscus and other knee injuries as the result of a car accident. Injuries to the leg can leave a victim with poor mobility for a lifetime. Any of these injuries can require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries – common internal injuries include broken ribs, internal bleeding, organ injury, pneumothorax, ruptured spleen and organ bruising. Treatment depends on the severity and place that the injury occurred. Internal injuries are very often life-threatening and can be fatal.
Being injured in an auto accident may result in medical bills, lost wages, lost earning potential, and long-term medical treatment. Depending on the type of injury, and the severity, will determine what sort of compensation you need.
It is important to contact a St. Louis Auto Injury Lawyer as soon as possible following a car accident. The longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to gather evidence. In addition, the law limits the time allowed in which you may file a lawsuit.
Why is it Important to Hire a St. Louis Auto Injury Lawyer?
Even though you pay them a monthly premium, insurance companies do not represent you. They represent shareholders, and their job is to make a profit by collecting premiums and paying out as little as possible. That is why they have claims adjusters and a host of investigators and lawyers on staff. The role of each of these people is to ensure that the insurance company does not pay one penny more than is necessary — and far less if they can get away with it.
Before you speak with any insurance company, contact The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. to discuss your auto injury case. Prevent the insurance company from obtaining your recorded statement and using it against you. Adjusters are trained to make you give a statement that is detrimental to your claim. The recorded statement is the insurance company’s #1 priority.
St. Louis Auto Injury Lawyer
We will handle all of the legal details of your auto injury claim so that you can concentrate on your physical recovery. We have helped hundreds of injured people and their families deal with devastating physical injuries due to an auto accident.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, contact us at (314) 361-4242 or toll free (866) 763-6433. You can also fill out our online contact form. Your initial consultation is always free, and you never pay attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.