Learn about the most common injuries resulting from sideswipe car accidents and how to seek medical treatment and legal recourse for compensation.
When it comes to car accidents, sideswipe accidents are a common occurrence that can lead to serious injuries. Even though they may seem less severe than other types of accidents, sideswipe accidents can cause significant damage to the vehicle and result in various injuries for the driver and passengers involved.
By understanding the types of injuries that can occur and knowing what steps to take, victims of sideswipe accidents can protect their health and rights. This article will discuss the most common injuries resulting from sideswipe accidents in St. Louis and provide information on how to seek medical treatment and legal recourse. Whether you are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian involved in a sideswipe accident, this article will provide valuable insights and guidance to help you navigate the aftermath of such an incident.
Types of injuries resulting from sideswipe car accidents
Sideswipe car accidents can cause various injuries, ranging from minor to severe. Here are some of the most common injuries that can result from a sideswipe accident:
- Whiplash: This injury is caused by a sudden back-and-forth head and neck motion, often seen in rear-end and sideswipe accidents. Whiplash can cause neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and even cognitive difficulties.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): A TBI can result from a blow to the head, which can occur in a sideswipe accident. Symptoms of a TBI can range from mild (such as headaches) to severe (such as unconsciousness).
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can occur when the spine is jolted or twisted in a sideswipe accident. Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis, loss of sensation, and chronic pain.
- Broken bones: Fractures and broken bones can happen in a sideswipe accident, especially if a vehicle rolls over or collides with an object. Broken bones can cause pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
Even if the collision is relatively low-speed, the force can cause serious injuries. These injuries can occur in a sideswipe accident due to the sudden impact and jolting movements of the body. It’s essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible after a sideswipe accident to identify and treat any injuries.
Seeking medical treatment after a sideswipe car accident
Seeking medical treatment as soon as possible after a sideswipe accident is crucial, even if the injuries don’t seem severe at first. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, but symptoms can develop over time. Delaying medical attention can result in worsened conditions and longer recovery times.
Medical professionals who may be able to help with injuries sustained in a sideswipe accident include:
- Chiropractors: These healthcare professionals specialize in treating musculoskeletal injuries, including neck and back pain, common in sideswipe accidents.
- Physical therapists: These specialists focus on restoring mobility and function after an injury. Physical therapy can be helpful for those with whiplash, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones sustained in a sideswipe accident.
- Neurologists: A neurologist can diagnose and treat traumatic brain injuries, which can occur in a sideswipe accident. These specialists can also help with other neurological conditions that may arise from an accident.
It’s essential to seek medical attention from a qualified healthcare professional who can properly diagnose and treat your injuries. Even if the injury seems minor, it’s better to err on the side of caution and have a medical professional evaluate it. By seeking prompt medical treatment, you can ensure you receive the care you need to recover fully from your injuries.
Speak With a St. Louis Sideswipe Car Accident Lawyer
Victims of sideswipe accidents may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. The damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If another driver’s negligence caused the accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover these damages.
A St. Louis car accident lawyer can help victims of sideswipe accidents seek legal recourse by investigating the accident, gathering evidence, and negotiating with insurance companies. If necessary, a lawyer can also represent the victim in court to help them recover the compensation they deserve.
Examples of types of compensation that may be available for victims of sideswipe accidents include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the costs of medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, and medication.
- Lost wages: Victims may be entitled to compensation for the wages they lost while they could not work due to injuries resulting from the sideswipe accident.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life resulting from the accident.
- Property damage: Victims may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing their vehicle and any other personal property that was damaged in the accident.
If you’ve been injured in a sideswipe car accident, speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible to understand your legal options. An experienced car accident lawyer can provide guidance and support to help you recover the compensation you need to move forward after the accident.
Seeking Legal Help After a St. Louis Sideswipe Car Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in a sideswipe accident in St. Louis, speak with a St. Louis car accident lawyer at The Hoffmann Law Firm today to learn more about your legal options. With over 25 years of experience, we can provide the support and guidance to help you recover from your injuries and get the compensation you need to move forward.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!Free Consultation (314) 361-4242