Car accidents at intersections are unfortunately common and can result in severe, often life-altering injuries. This is a reality that many Missouri residents face daily. This article will explore the causes and impacts of such accidents and your legal option for obtaining compensation if you’ve been injured.
The Causes of Missouri Intersection Accidents
Missouri’s bustling intersections are often a hub of activity with multiple vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists. The varying traffic patterns, coupled with inconsistent driver behaviors, significantly increase the risk of car accidents.
Common causes of Missouri intersection accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Whether texting, eating, or adjusting the radio, a distracted driver is dangerous to everyone on the road.
- Reckless driving: This includes speeding, changing lanes without signaling, and not adhering to traffic lights or signs.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs dramatically impairs reaction times and decision-making capabilities.
Injuries Resulting from Intersection Accidents
Intersection accidents can lead to a wide array of injuries, with some of the most common ones being:
- Whiplash: A neck injury that occurs when the head is suddenly jerked back and forth.
- Traumatic brain injuries: These can range from concussions to more severe forms of brain damage.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Broken bones and fractures: The impact of the crash can break bones and cause fractures.
- Internal injuries: These may not be immediately apparent but can be life-threatening.
Recovery after an Intersection Accident
Recovering from a car accident injury can be a long and arduous journey. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and potentially lifelong medical care might be necessary, depending on the severity of the injury. Psychological impacts, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), are often overlooked but are equally crucial to address.
Seeking Compensation for Damages
In Missouri, if you’ve been injured in an intersection accident caused by another’s negligence, you’re entitled to seek compensation for your damages. Compensation can cover medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related costs. However, Missouri’s comparative negligence law means that your compensation might be reduced proportionately if you’re partially at fault for the accident.
It’s vital to consult with an experienced Missouri car accident lawyer who understands Missouri’s laws and can advocate for your rights. This can significantly increase your chances of receiving full and fair compensation.
Missouri Car Accident Attorney
Intersection accidents in Missouri can have devastating consequences, but the path to recovery and compensation doesn’t have to be traversed alone. With the assistance of an experienced car accident lawyer, like our team based in St. Louis, victims can confidently navigate the legal landscape.
Remember, each case is unique, and the right legal strategy depends on the specifics of your situation. For a personalized approach to your intersection accident case, don’t hesitate to contact The Hoffmann Law Firm. We can evaluate your case for free and ensure your legal rights are protected.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!