Low-impact car accidents, often under 10 mph, can still cause significant back injuries like whiplash or herniated discs.
Car accidents are an unfortunate reality in our modern world. While many people associate severe crashes with major injuries, it’s essential to understand that even low-impact car accidents can lead to severe back injuries. “Low-Impact Car Accident Back Injuries” might sound less threatening than a high-speed collision, but the potential consequences can be just as dire.
What Are Low-Impact Car Accidents?
Low-impact car accidents typically involve collisions that occur at low speeds, usually less than 10 mph. These can happen in parking lots, at stoplights, or even when merging onto highways. Due to the limited force of the impact, many people mistakenly believe that they can’t sustain severe injuries in such incidents.
Common Back Injuries from Low-Impact Car Accidents
Several types of back injuries can result from these seemingly minor incidents:
- Whiplash: This is the most common injury in low-speed collisions. The sudden jolt, even at low speeds, can cause the neck and upper back to whip back and forth, leading to muscle strains and soft tissue injuries.
- Herniated Discs: The spine comprises a series of vertebrae separated by discs. An abrupt jolt can cause these discs to rupture or herniate, leading to pain, numbness, or weakness.
- Spinal Stenosis: A collision can exacerbate pre-existing conditions like spinal stenosis, where the spinal column narrows and puts pressure on the nerves.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These encompass muscle sprains, strains, and contusions that might not show up immediately after the accident but can lead to chronic pain if not addressed.
Why You Shouldn’t Overlook Low-Impact Injuries
One of the most deceptive aspects of low-impact car accident back injuries is their ability to remain hidden. Symptoms might not appear immediately. Days or even weeks can pass before the pain or discomfort becomes noticeable. By then, many accident victims have already downplayed the incident, thinking they’re fine because they didn’t feel hurt right away.
However, neglecting these symptoms can lead to long-term health issues, chronic pain, and reduced quality of life. It’s vital to seek medical attention after any car accident, no matter how minor it seems.
Discussing Your Unique Case
Since each case is unique, understanding the specifics of your situation is crucial. What might seem like a simple backache could indicate a more severe underlying issue, potentially complicating insurance claims or medical treatments.
At The Hoffmann Law Firm, we’ve seen thousands of cases over our 25 years in service. We know that every person and every accident is different. While online articles and friends’ experiences can offer some insights, they cannot replace the individual attention that an experienced attorney can provide.
Why Choose The Hoffmann Law Firm?
For over 25 years, The Hoffmann Law Firm has been guiding accident victims in St. Louis through the complexities of personal injury claims. Here’s are there important reasons to consider discussing your case with us:
- Experience Matters: With thousands of cases under our belt, we’ve seen a wide range of back injuries resulting from low-impact car accidents. This extensive experience enables us to provide valuable insights and advice tailored to your unique circumstances.
- No Financial Risk for You: We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us unless we successfully get you compensation.
- Client-Centric Approach: Our priority is ensuring you understand your rights and options, empowering you to make informed decisions about your future.
St. Louis Car Accident Attorneys
Low-impact car accident back injuries might sound minor, but they can have lasting implications for your health and quality of life. If you’ve been in an accident in St. Louis, don’t underestimate the potential consequences. Reach out to a St. Louis auto accident attorney at The Hoffmann Law Firm. Remember, every case is unique, and you deserve experienced guidance tailored to your situation.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!Free Consultation (314) 361-4242