After an accident, see a doctor immediately if you have back pain, especially if it’s severe, worsening, or accompanied by numbness or tingling.
Accidents can be traumatic and disruptive, even if they appear minor initially. One common ailment people experience after a car accident is back pain. If you’ve been in an accident and are experiencing discomfort, you may ask yourself, “When should I see a doctor for back pain after a car accident?”
The Importance of Checking for Injuries
Car accidents can cause a range of injuries, from superficial cuts and bruises to more severe internal injuries. The rush of adrenaline and shock following an accident can sometimes mask pain, making it difficult for individuals to realize the full extent of their injuries immediately.
Back pain might not manifest right away. It could be hours or even days after the accident before you start to feel discomfort. This delay is why monitoring your well-being closely after a car accident and seeking medical attention if you notice any unusual symptoms is vital.
Recognizing the Signs of Back Pain
Back pain can range from mild discomfort to severe pain that restricts movement. Here are some symptoms you should be wary of after a car accident:
- Stiffness or Restricted Movement: If you find it hard to move or bend over, this could indicate a potential injury.
- Sharp or Shooting Pain: This type of pain could indicate nerve damage or a potential injury to the spinal cord.
- Persistent Aches: Continuous aching might suggest muscle or ligament damage.
- Numbness or Tingling: These sensations, especially if they radiate down the legs, could be a sign of a herniated disc or other serious injuries.
When to See a Doctor
It’s always advisable to seek medical attention immediately after an accident. However, if you didn’t initially and are now experiencing back pain, here are some guidelines:
- Severity of Pain: See a doctor immediately if the pain is intense or worsening.
- Duration: Pain lasting more than a few days without improvement should be a cause for concern.
- Accompanying Symptoms: If you experience other symptoms like numbness, weakness in the limbs, or issues with bladder control, seek medical attention immediately.
Why Consult with an Experienced Attorney?
Now, you might be wondering how legal advice fits into this. While medical professionals address your physical well-being, an experienced attorney can help protect your rights, especially if the accident wasn’t your fault.
At The Hoffmann Law Firm in St. Louis, with over 25 years of experience, we’ve handled thousands of car accident cases. Our team understands that each case is as unique as the individual involved. By discussing the specifics of your case with us, you’ll get personalized guidance and assistance, helping ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Back pain after a car accident should never be ignored. Prioritize your health by seeking medical attention if you experience any discomfort or unusual symptoms. Consult with an experienced attorney to ensure your rights are protected. Every case is unique, so personalized, professional guidance can make all the difference in your journey to recovery and justice. Don’t delay – reach out to The Hoffmann Law Firm today!
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!Free Consultation (314) 361-4242