Head-on accidents have a higher fatality rate than any other type of car crash.
Head-on car accidents can result in devastating injuries. While any type of car accident can be dangerous, a head on collision is particularly so, as it has a higher rate of fatalities than any other type of wreck.
If you or a loved one have suffered severe injuries or death as a result of a head-on accident, you no doubt have many questions and concerns. Medical bills and other expenses quickly add up, leaving you with a terrible burden. Losing your ability to work or losing the income of a spouse or parent can have a devastating effect.
Causes of Head-On Collisions
A head-on collision is a type of traffic accident where the front ends of two vehicles hit each other while going in opposite directions. It is one of the most frightening types of accidents a person may be involved in.
There are a number of common causes of head on accidents. Some of them include:
- Passing on a two-lane road – When a driver has limited sight but decides to pass a slower moving vehicle, a head-on accident can occur.
- Distracted driving – When a driver engages in texting, talking on the phone, eating, or any other type of distraction, he or she may lose control of their vehicle and swerve into oncoming traffic.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence – When a person is driving while drunk or under the influence of another substance, driving the wrong way or reckless driving can result in a head-on accident.
- Hazardous road conditions – A driver may swerve to avoid hitting a road hazard such as a pothole, animal, or debris.
If you have been involved in a wrong-way accident, you may be facing a wide variety of medical expenses and other challenges. That is why it is important to have an experienced car accident lawyer fighting for you. At The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C., we will review your case and work to get you the most compensation possible.
Injuries from a Head-On Collision
The physical impact of a head-on accident can have traumatic, debilitating consequences. Some of the common injuries that result from this type of car crash include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Head trauma – concussions, skull fractures, TBI, or brain damage
- Internal injuries such as injuries to organs like the liver or kidneys
- Chest and rib injuries – bruises or fractures from airbags or seatbelts
- Broken bones in any part of the body
- Spine injury causing paralysis
- Death from being crushed or thrown from the vehicle
Recovering from any of these injuries may leave you with medical bill, lost wages, or loss of working ability.
St. Louis Head-On Collision Lawyer
Being involved in a head-on car accident can be a terrifying and potentially life-altering experience. If you or a loved one have been involved in such an accident, please call us today to discuss your case. For 25 years, we have been helping victims of severe auto accidents receive compensation for their injuries.
Call us today at (314) 361-4242 or fill out our online contact form to request a free and private consultation.