In a multi-car accident in Missouri, the at-fault driver’s insurance generally pays for damages. If multiple drivers are at fault, each driver’s insurance contributes.
As anyone who’s been involved in a car accident in St. Louis, MO knows, the aftermath can be stressful and complicated. And when multiple vehicles are involved, it’s even more challenging to determine whose insurance pays in a multi-car accident. If you find yourself in this situation, the guidance of a seasoned St. Louis car accident lawyer can be invaluable. At The Hoffmann Law Firm we are available 24/7 and have over 25 years of experience in dealing with such cases.
Understanding Multi-Car Accidents
A multi-car accident involves three or more vehicles. These are often chain reaction crashes, where one car hits another, which in turn hits another, and so on. There can be many factors contributing to these accidents like:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Poor weather conditions
Deciphering the responsibility can be tricky. In many cases, more than one driver may share the blame.
Liability and Insurance in a Multi-Car Accident
When determining whose insurance pays in a multi-car accident, Missouri follows the principle of “at-fault” or “tort” system. In other words, the party who is legally at fault for causing the accident is liable for the damages.
Here are some key points to understand about insurance coverage:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance will typically cover the damages, up to the policy limits.
- If multiple drivers are at fault, each driver’s insurance will likely cover a portion of the damages.
- If damages exceed the at-fault driver’s policy limits, injured parties may need to rely on their own insurance coverage.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage can provide additional protection.
The Importance of a Thorough Investigation
A thorough investigation is crucial for multi-car accidents. It may involve:
- Obtaining and reviewing police reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene
- Reviewing dashcam or surveillance footage
This can help establish who was at fault and whose insurance should pay. Yet, it’s often a complex and time-consuming process, which is why it’s beneficial to have a car accident lawyer on your side.
Speak With a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer 24/7
In the aftermath of a multi-car accident, you need someone who understands the legal process, can navigate the complexities of insurance coverage, and will fight for your rights. Here’s how The Hoffmann Law Firm can help:
- Experience: With 25 years of experience, we’ve handled thousands of cases, including multi-car accidents. We understand the legal landscape of St. Louis, MO.
- No Cost Until You Win: You don’t pay unless we secure you compensation.
- Free Consultation: We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and determine the best way forward.
- 24/7 Availability: Accidents don’t keep business hours, and neither does The Hoffmann Law Firm.
- Thorough Investigations: We’ll conduct an exhaustive investigation to establish liability and seek maximum compensation.
Being involved in a multi-car accident is a daunting experience. But remember, you’re not alone. If you’re wondering “whose insurance pays in a multi-car accident?”, contact a St. Louis car accident lawyer at The Hoffmann Law Firm for guidance. Call anytime, day or night, for a free consultation.
Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t talk to an insurance claims adjuster before speaking with The Hoffmann Law Firm, L.L.C. We can help you avoid making statements that may affect the outcome of your case. The consultation is free; you don’t pay unless we get you money!Free Consultation (314) 361-4242